Thursday 15 December 2011

Chrissy decos (part 1)...

 I used old coffee sacks (scavanged from a cafe),
and wrapped strips of it around my heating flue.
 I covered 3 small canvases in the sack as well.
Took all the kids chrissy photos, added some ribbon,
and pinned them to the canvas.
 This is a piece I made last christmas.
Goes perfectly here I think...
 Some of the photos were pinned straight 
onto the flue.
I also used vintage lace in places.
 Old books, folded and also made into rolled
and tied bundles.
Silverware and cutlery finishes the look on a platter...
 An old typewriter, sitting around for a while, finally came into use.
I typed up a wish list of my own for santa...
 My front door!
Some more coffee sack and felted balls, 
finished off with silk and lace...
 Vintage trees in a cute group...
 2 vintage and unusual fold out albums I picked up in the usa.
Salvaged books, no covers, all decorated with vintage
images, stamps, lace etc...
 This is a punch bowl that we received as a
wedding gift. 
I filled it with small xmas lights...
There are 3 boxes under the bowl. One for each child. I started them about 13 years ago, one for each child. Each christmas I have bought a special decoration for each, relevant to them at the time.
It goes in the box so that when we decorate the tree, they each get to unwrap a new one, and place all their decos on the tree. When we pack up the tree after christmas, we make a note of the deco and the year it was received. When they eventually leave home, they will take them with them as a start to their own collection...
Above my mantle piece, a cascade of
chrissy tree offcuts.
For the smell...
My collection of santas, and my 
feathered tree...
More photos in the next posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...