Saturday 2 March 2013

New journal...

Made a new travel journal, using slightly different techniques.
Took some calico/cotton fabric and sewed them together, layered with a middle piece of fabric for stability.
Painted gesso over both sides of journal.
Great base for other paints and inks, and I love the rough texture.
Using stencils hubby made me, I inked patterns on both sides of journals.
Stencilled butterfly halves to front of journal, and added several layers of design.
Added quote tag and patterned brads to butterfly.
Inside for journalling, I used several different sizes of tags, simply double sided tape down.
Added metal brad rectangles and ribbon so that I can tie the journal closed.

The middle pic shows the front of the journal opened out flat.
Fairly quick and really easy journal to make.
Just keep layering the patterns with stencils and paint or inks until happy with design.
Done!...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...