Tuesday 12 June 2012

Thank you...

Sending out lotsa' thank you to all the people who gave me such lovely
compliments for my handmade journal while at the expo.
It's nice to feel that other people "get" and appreciate the work
that you put into your art.
It may not be necessary, but a little look of happiness
from someone who doesn't know you, but feels the emotion and 
energy in your work feels good.
I said it.
It does feel good.
Because even though I may spend time making the art purely
for my own satisfaction, it's nice to share the joy.

Some words that may better describe what I mean:

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his
own nature into his pictures". 

~Henry Ward Beecher

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds
you that you have one". 

~Stella Adler

"What art offers is space - a certain breathing room for the spirit". 
~John Updike

 "I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't
say any other way - things I had no words for". 

~Georgia O'Keeffe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...