Wednesday 14 September 2011

On the wings of butterflies...

Recently it was the birthday of a friend of mine.
I know she loves loves loves butterflies.
And I also know she misses her mum still to this day.
So, I combined the two to make her something.




I covered a box in scrapbooking papers.
I then made the flower/leaves on the top out of silk, brown paper,
and scrapbooking paper.
Inked, crumpled and sewed them together.
Then stapled them together as one flower.
Glued to top of box.
I stenciled a faint pattern with glimmer mist on sides of box.
Added vintage doily, image, metal butterfly, and stick pin hearts.
I decided it needed some suitable words, which I inked and "vintaged up" a little.
On the inside, I cut out lots of butterflies out of scrapbooking papers, sewed 
layers together and wrote quotes in some of them.
I left room so that she can add some of her own thoughts.
I am very pleased with the result.
Hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...